A 6 Week On-line Training Programme For Professionals Working With Separating Parents, 2023.
A 6 week training programme (6 learning hours) delivered by Clinical Psychologist Dr Angharad Rudkin for professionals working with separating parents. This programme has specially prepared for family law solicitors/trainees, Paralegals, Mediators, Barristers, Chartered Legal Executives, Counsellors, Family Support Workers, Children’s Guardians, Family Court Advisors, Social Workers, Magistrates, Divorce Coaches and others.
In Partnership with
“Henry is 10. He has experienced on-going parental tension and major arguments at home for the last 3 years. In between the arguments, his mum and dad sometimes got on but most of the time they lived quite separately, with few family outings…”
Read Henry’s Story
Thank you so much. So much food for thought. One of the best courses I have done for a long time and I have been doing family law for 23 years nearly!
Partner, Withers Worldwide
Dates & Themes
1. How do children and teens think?
An exploration of child development research to understand what happens in a child's brain and body during childhood, and how this impacts on a children's experience of divorce.
4. Cooperative parenting when separated.
An exploration of the importance of positive cooperative parenting, the challenges of this and how to overcome them.
2. What does Attachment actually mean?
A summary of attachment theory and how it can help us understand the needs of children and parents going through divorce.
5. The impact of conflict and absence on children.
A consolidation of the research on the impact of divorce on children, focusing particularly on parental conflict and parental absence.
3. Communication with children.
How parents can best listen to their children and talk to them in a way that children can understand.
6. Child well-being and mental health.
A review of the key messages plus new information on child well-being and mental health.
Wednesday 19th April, 1-2pm
Wednesday 26th April, 1-2pm
Wednesday 3rd May, 1-2pm
Wednesday 10th May, 1-2pm
Wednesday 17th May, 1-2pm
Wednesday 24th May, 1-2pm
Wednesday 1st November, 1-2pm
Wednesday 8th November, 1-2pm
Wednesday 15th November, 1-2pm
Wednesday 22nd November, 1-2pm
Wednesday 29th November, 1-2pm
Wednesday 6th December, 1-2pm
The aim of the course is to give you a deeper understanding of how separation and divorce can impact on children’s lives. At the end of the course you will:
- be better equipped to help your clients to “put the child’s needs first”
- benefit from improved relationships with your clients
- improve your confidence in handling difficult issues so you can reduce your stress levels and improve your well being
- handle children cases more effectively
- have enhanced your expertise and the reputation of your practice
- have undertaken 6 learning hours
- Please call 07507 638508 if you have any questions.
This course is not just a series of webinars, it is a unique fresh approach to legal training that includes:
– A whole days’ worth of expert training spread over 6 sessions (6 learning hours) all accessible from the comfort of your workplace or home.
– An opportunity to engage in live chat during sessions.
– Access to all live sessions and / or recordings so you can catch up if you miss one or wish to hear them again.
– A dedicated private forum where you can share thoughts and seek further insights from the course leader Dr Angharad Rudkin.
– Handouts for each session including references and further reading.
– Certificate of attendance.
Dr Angharad Rudkin MA(Oxon), AFBPsS is a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 year’s experience of working with children and their families.
As well as being Consultant Editor on 101 Questions, Angharad has co-written parenting books including What’s My Child Thinking? and What’s My Teenager Thinking with Tanith Carey and books for children, Find your Girl Squad with Ruth Fitzgerald and a guide for children on how to cope with divorce.
Angharad is a relationship expert for the Metro, and regularly appears on radio and TV to discuss child mental health and parenting.
She has consulted for Government bodies as well as private organisations around child well-being and worked at the University of Southampton where she was a lecturer for 12 years.
Helen Pittard – Solicitor, Mediator & Collaborative Lawyer, 174 Law
Dr Sue Whitcombe – Psychologist, Family Consultant
Claire Field – Managing Director, The Parenting Apart Programme
James Evans – Head of UK Professional Education, Our Family Wizard (Autumn)
Nav Mirza – Chief Executive, Dads Unlimited
Book your space
£260 per delegate
This course is being administered by Bath Publishing
We are a not-for-profit Social Enterprise. Community Interest Company 5209173. We have the Asset Lock to ensure all donations are used solely for the benefit of our work.