We have launched the Green Phone initiative for any male or female victim of domestic abuse. All professionals showing a green phone symbol will have a phone call free of charge. You can find them here.
Recognising and acknowledging that you, and your children, are a victim of Domestic Abuse (DA), also referred to as Domestic Violence, can take time. Your expectation are so undermined by DA that whole new idea of ‘normal’ develops. But once you separate, patterns of behaviour that were suffered and tolerated before, are seen in a different light. Coming out of a relationship where there was DA will impact on the process of separation. The control, threat and suppression that pervaded the relationship that pervaded the relationship may well increase after separation, leading to sky high levels of anxiety and fear. The articles we are sharing in this section highlight all of the legal structures and emotional support available to you, so that you can feel strong about making the break and starting a new, healthy life.
Dr Anghard Rudkin Child Clinical Psychologist at the University of Southampton.
All the articles written in this section are written by experienced professionals many of them experts in their field.
You may also find our Useful Links section helpful.
- > Recommend Books For Victims Of Domestic Abuse
- > What Is Coercive Control?
- > What Do I Do When I Receive Non-Molestation Order From The Family Court?
- > How Do I Leave My Alcoholic Partner?
- > The Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA): Profile
- > COVID19: What Happens When I Contact A Solicitor About A Domestic Abuse Concern?
- > How Do I Obtain A Non-Molestation Order?
- > What Are The Effects On Children Who Witness Domestic Violence?
- > It Has Been Suggested I Get A Prohibited Steps Order. What Is That?
- > Domestic Violence – A Legal Checklist
Free Professional Advice For Male And Female Victims Of Domestic Abuse
We have launched a Green Phone initiative which is supported by legal professionals volunteering their time to have a FREE phone calls with any mum or dad who is a victim of domestic abuse and would like some advice. Please look for the green phone symbol. You can find them here.........Read More >